My room has become one big junk room. I have no space for the things that I use. Everything is on top of anything. Gaaaah. I need to declutter so I devised a plan/schedule on how I will clean and organize my room:
- DECLUTTER- I need to remove all the junk that I keep in my room, which is easy enough. Junk is junk and needs to be removed. The hard part is removing things that are not really junk. I need to sort out all of the stuff that I don’t need: bags, shoes, stationery, old school stuff, unused beauty products. I need to dispose anything I haven’t used in a year. I need to be strict about this rule because I need more space.
- FIND A PLACE FOR MY BAGS - All of the bags that I use are either on my keyboard or on my bed right now. I need to dispose old unused bags and start placing my bags on my other tray thing.
- FIND A BETTER PLACE FOR MY SHOES - All my shoes are laid on the floor. I need to find a shoe rack that is around 2 to 3 shoes wide, tall and open. I hate boxes. I don’t see what’s inside and it’s hard to pull out shoes in boxes.
- BUY/MAKE JEWELRY and ACCESSORIES CONTAINERS - I have a growing collection of accessories and they need to be placed somewhere other than my bookshelf top.
- STOP PUTTING THINGS ON MY KEYBOARD - My keyboard is not a table, I shouldn’t place things on it. I also need to make a keyboard cover to keep it from gathering dust when I’m not using it.
- ORGANIZE YARNS and FO’s - This is the part I’m really looking forward to. I need to make an inventory of all the yarns I have accumulated through the years. Right now they are placed in one of the windows of my 4-window bookshelf and in one of my drawers. The one in my drawers are stored in the plastics they were bought in. I might need to store them more carefully so they won’t accumulate dust. I’m also planning to destash some of my yarns for money reasons :P
- DECORATE! - I have so many ideas. I wan to fill my room with crocheted decorative items and containers!
This clean up process already began today, I have managed to clean 1 part of my room and remove some junk. I’m starting and taking things slowly. One part of the room at a time. I can’t really just go all out on the cleaning because it will trigger my allergies.
I promise to devote most of my free time in the coming weekends to clean up and take this project seriously. I can see my room turning into a bigger jumble in a few weeks when I start digging through unused stuff but I will get through. Somehow.